This may come as a shocker, but I'm what some may label as stubborn.
Yes. I know. I'll give you a moment.
I prefer to call it tenacity.
Nicer ring to it.
Whatever you call it, it's been with me for as long as I can remember.
It hasn't always been a negative trait. There have been times in my life where it's paid off and I've prevailed.
But looking back, I can say that most of the time it's made things a bit difficult on me.
For example:
It hasn't always been a negative trait. There have been times in my life where it's paid off and I've prevailed.
But looking back, I can say that most of the time it's made things a bit difficult on me.
For example:
In college, fresh in my discovery of DD, I decided I would take on the task of molding the man I was dating into the perfect Dom. Sure he couldn't keep a job, was on academic probation for the second time in his 7 year college "plan" and had the classic deer in headlights look every time I uttered a word with more than 3 syllables. I could FIX him. Make him into what I needed. My own social experiment.
For years, YEARS I worked on him. Precious energy wasted. We parted ways for reasons I won't get into here (two words: stripper and rent money. I'll let your imagination run with that.)
The point of this (other than releasing a bit of old animosity..did I mention I hold grudges too?) is that I couldn't throw in the towel, even when there were signs all over the place.
Present day- It's becoming a problem.
Stubbornness is getting in the way of my submission.
Although it's not a constant problem, I find myself digging my heels in on some occasions. It makes the act of submitting more of a process. Aaron has to crack the shell of hardheadedness before he can even reach the good stuff.
After the cracking has commenced and he's gotten through, there is a ping of guilt. I feel like I'm not "walking the walk" correctly. I tell myself that next time, I'm going to just ignore my first reaction and not fight what I know works for us so well.
But that next time comes, and I keep digging in.
Oh Monica, I feel for you, I truly do. I am one stubborn woman and it is something that I work on constantly. Submission is something that I strive for with varying degrees of success. Once in a while I dont even battle or try to talk my way out of it but most of the time I do dig my heels in and fight it all the way. Its a work in progress I think. Hugs, Galway
ReplyDeleteThanks Galway! I'm glad I'm not the only one. :)
ReplyDeleteI think that there might actually be hope for me though, I am really working on it and its getting better. Learning when to keep my comments to myself has been a big one. Hugs
ReplyDeleteLOL Sorry, but I can't help laughing. Those little comments do me in too! I tell myself to shut my mouth, but it's always too late...
ReplyDeleteLittle- It's almost ALWAYS too late! We'll learn eventually.
ReplyDelete