"“There's a balance in my life, there's reality and there's the part that looks really glamorous, but we're all just people in the end.” Olivia Newton John
Some girls day-dream of a prince charming coming to sweep them off their feet . While developing my ideals of DD, I dreamt of a prince charming alright, just not exactly putting me on his horse and riding off into the sunset. No, my prince charming had a few other positions up his sleeve. I sometimes imagine a highly romanticized version of DD. Heavy in discipline. My every move micro managed,a consequence for every single smart mouthed comment I'd make and every misstep would be noticed and taken care of on the spot. I would spend my days in full "submission mode". Intriguing? Of course! Realistic? I'm afraid not. How could anyone possibly get anything done with all the upkeep involved? How emotionally exhausting would something like that be?Then you have reality, where every day mundane tasks and responsibilities that have to be taken care of whether I'm submissive or not. My job, for instance, is not exactly chocked full of opportunities to submit, even if we're working side by side. If I stood around and waited to be TOLD what to do at work, deadlines and details would be forgotten.I constantly sway between these two worlds. My goal is to find better ways to make them meet. In the past few weeks, I've managed to wear skirts and heels to work everyday. That's a start! Feeling feminine at work is a big deal to me which in turn helps me feel submissive. I think my next step is to do some sort of action when I come home from work to transition into a more submissive role. I don't know what that is just yet. It'll come to me soon enough.
Tuesday, October 12, 2010
Finding A Balance
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment