We are just getting back into the "real world" after a week long vacation cruising around the Caribbean.
On our first day we were strolling around one of the decks. (Read: chasing our toddler away from the pool) and noticed a couple talking next to the lounge chairs. The woman leaned in and said something and gave him a grin.
Ok one of my many self proclaimed talents is reading body language. She was TOTALLY giving him that grin. The mischievous "you-can't-swat-me-cause-we're-in-the-middle-of-the-ocean-surrounded-by-people" grin. Trust me I KNOW the look, as I foolishly started flashing the grin to Aaron as soon as we walked on the boat.
He then gave her THAT look. You know the one. The "trust-me-I-can-and-will-swat-you-even-in-the-middle-of-the-Gulf-of-Mexico" look.I am familiar with that look as well.
I'm declare she had a heatstroke because the woman continued on poking at him with that same grin on her face. She might has well wiggled her backside at him too.
Then things got real guys.
He moved the chair slightly, grabbed her by the arm and said, "That's it! You're in trouble now!" and swatted her four or five times. He let her go and she did the post "I-just-got-swatted-in-public" pout and looked around. They then walked off to the bar.
I'm not making that up. If I was his line would have been much less cliche'.
Meh. He could have done better is all I'm saying.
I don't know how vanillas would have reacted. I kind of wanted to follow them and introduce myself.
"Hi! I'm Monica. Sorry about your tail end but you had it coming. Where are you guys from?"
I just don't know how well that would have worked.
It left me wondering though. What kind of cruise did he put us on?
I laughed out loud at this. What a hoot! I wish I could have been there. I hope you had a great time on your cruise!
ReplyDeleteM.
Thanks maryannn! We had an awesome time!
ReplyDeleteOh wow! That's so funny, I would have been so tempted to follow them as well and introduce myself somehow, lol. Glad you had a good time! :)
ReplyDelete