Monday, June 27, 2011

The post where I plead forgiveness

Oh who am I kidding?  We all know I'm rusty in the pleading department. 

Need some buttering up? Some old school bribing with baked goods?  I'm your woman. Pleading...not so much.

So, it's been a little while since I've posted.  But I have an excuse! (And have I mentioned recently just how well rested you look? What's your secret? *insert eye batts here**)

I'm pregnant!

Yes, finally!  It's been quite a few hectic months, with all the changes and things we've been up to.  I finally feel (and I believe Aaron would agree) that we're getting back to new swing of things. 

When it came to DD, things physically came to a halt at the beginning.  There were a few reasons.  I had a slight complication at the beginning that made us both nervous to do anything more than just a swat here and there.  I was also so nauseated and tired that even when he made an attempt to "reboot" my attitude, I'd pull out the pregnancy card and protest.  Unfair, I know.  I promise you the pregnancy card has been revoked. 

  There were a few weeks where I was really anxious that we were going to lose that unique connection only ones in our community understand.

After a few reassuring ultrasounds and a lot of discussion, we adjusted our DD tactic for the time being.  Both of us agreed that DD is so very important to us, and dropping it was not an option.   Our "sessions", both in discipline and play have become lighter.  He's exchanged some of his favorite implements for things less "thuddy" and as I've grown, we've just become a bit more creative in my positioning. 

So...that's my excuse.  I do feel a little odd talking about it all here and probably won't much, as my "Mother Hen" instincts have reached a new level.  

In between my obsessive nesting, I've been working on some posts.  Stay tuned!!

4 comments:

  1. CONGRATS! I have missed you! You have a wonderful excuse, pregnancy is the best excuse ever! So happy for you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi there. Im new to blogging and have just come across yours. Congrats on the bub. Good luck. Im sure you and hubby will work DD around the ever growing bump. Ill look forward to reading more from you. Ive a blog too and would love for you to come visit :) (Im new to DD too) so just learning and developing and growing and need all the support i can get :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad to see you again Monica, Im guilt of not writing too and Im NOT pregant! Cant wait to see your new posts. Love you, Galway

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!
    I remember when I got pregnant with our second and had to adjust ttwd--He was much more restrained, but I too lost "the pregnancy card lol.
    Congratulations again and the best of luck and health to you.

    ReplyDelete